How to recover flashcard file

A

Anonymous

I'm using Pleco Dict on my pocket PC. The hardware needed to be repaired and the main memory erased. The Pleco Dict is installed in the (external) storage card.

When I synchronized with my computer, I recover all data (appointments, addresses, etc) in the pocket PC, but I had to reinstall Pleco Dict. The flashcard file in empty. How can I recover the flashcard data?

Thanks

lmcjipo

榜眼
FY said:
I'm using Pleco Dict on my pocket PC. The hardware needed to be repaired and the main memory erased. The Pleco Dict is installed in the (external) storage card.

When I synchronized with my computer, I recover all data (appointments, addresses, etc) in the pocket PC, but I had to reinstall Pleco Dict. The flashcard file in empty. How can I recover the flashcard data?

Thanks

I'm sure Mike will have the definite answer but on the PalmOS, the flashcard data is stored on the main memory of the PDA and not the external storage card. I've never used the pocketPC version of PlecoDict but I'm assuming that it behaves in the same manner in which case you might be out of luck unless the flashcard file was copied to your computer during a synchronization/backup.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well, if your My Documents folder is set to back up automatically, you should be able to restore your flashcard data by going to your Pocket PC's My Documents backup folder (should be located in your desktop's My Documents folder, (Pocket PC name)_My Documents) - just go into there and copy the files over to your Pocket PC (My Computer\Mobile Device). If it's not set to back up automatically then I'm afraid there probably won't be any way to recover the flashcards.