How to limit review session to 50 cards

larrybills

举人
I'm doing a few different SRS reviews of my cards, each working with a different score file. (Audio/Eng<->Mandarin)
I recall seeing an option to limiting review sessions to 50 cards but I've tweaked the options so much that I can't find it any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That option is not available if you're using spaced repetition, essentially because we don't want you to end up with a giant pile of past-due cards and forget too many of them because you're not reviewing them on time.

However, if you don't want to review all of the cards that you have due right away, you can simply review as many as you like and stop the session and it'll save your progress.

That option is not available if you're using spaced repetition, essentially because we don't want you to end up with a giant pile of past-due cards and forget too many of them because you're not reviewing them on time.

However, if you don't want to review all of the cards that you have due right away, you can simply review as many as you like and stop the session and it'll save your progress.
I would like to "chunk" my review sessions by limiting the review cards per test (50 cards or so), with "review incorrect" checked, so that I can review harder cards at the end, without being overwhelmed at having too many harder cards at once (and also not having to wait so long to review them).

larrybills

举人
@mikelove I'm not sure I'm following the workflow. If you exit the test, how can you actually review incorrect cards?

Example: I have 300 cards to review but I only want to review 50 right now. After getting through the first 50, I'd like to review incorrect.

Is this possible?

@bryanwithay

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you tap on the [X] to exit the test, it will show an alert offering to review incorrect cards.

If you start a new test after this, it'll remember the cards you've already reviewed the last time and not show them until they're due again.

This is super helpful. I always thought that you had to work your way all the way through the deck. Quite intimidating when you’ve been away because of work for several months and you have 1000 cards sitting there. — I assume this means that then we should limit new cards until catching up if that was our goal?