How to export a txt file with audio?

Elysium

Hey guys,

I am trying to export a txt file and use that with Anki to create an apkg file.

I can make this happen, but only front, back and definition are the options. Is there a way to export the audio too?

Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not exportable at the moment - we are probably going to add a hook to play audio from Pleco cards in AnkiDroid at some point, but that will work by linking back to Pleco running in the background, wouldn't involve exporting it.

Elysium

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if there is a way then to export the audio one by one then and link them to the flahcards? I know it is a lot of work, but I really need the audio.

Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sadly no - you can find audio for Chinese words in other places, though, forvo.com for example.

Hi, I know this is kinda old post, but I just purchased pleco bundle, mainly because of audio recordings and be able to add cards from pleco to anki, and now it seems to me that this is not possible... did you ever implement that hook you mentioned up there @mikelove? Or what are my options currently to create the card in anki with the audio recordings?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hi, I know this is kinda old post, but I just purchased pleco bundle, mainly because of audio recordings and be able to add cards from pleco to anki, and now it seems to me that this is not possible... did you ever implement that hook you mentioned up there @mikelove? Or what are my options currently to create the card in anki with the audio recordings?

We didn't bother because honestly hardly anybody cares about our recordings anymore - most people seem to prefer synthetic text-to-speech, and since AnkiDroid has the ability to connect to a TTS engine on Android directly there's not really any benefit to adding a Pleco API into that process (would just make things slower / less reliable).