how come "dictionaries" doesn't collapse (disappear) like "features" does?

this is a pretty pointless question but I've always wondered: in add-ons "features" collapses -or- disappears when all features have been downloaded - but "dictionaries" never does this, even if all dictionaries have been downloaded and updated. I often get confused and feel like there must be a dictionary I have not updated or purchased - but it's just the mechanics of the app. Is there a reason for this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's mainly because the structure of 'dictionaries' actually imparts some data that you wouldn't necessarily get otherwise; if you're trying to remember which dictionary is good for blank or which dictionary you bought to deal with blank you can dig into 'dictionaries' and find that out more easily. Hardly anyone has actually purchased + downloaded every single dictionary (thanks!) but plenty of people do download all of the dictionaries in a particular section or subscreen and the catalog setting that determines whether or not downloaded items are hidden or stay behind as grayed-out ghosts is done at that level.