Have Two Accounts with Purchases: Possible to Combine?

LinZheFu

进士
Have Pleco with many purchased add-ons on my IPad. Just got an Android, and bought a lot for it as well, including somethings not on the iPad like voice and speech tools. I was following the instructions to migrate my iPad add-ons to the Android, when I saw at the last step that I would need to clear out my registration on the Android and replace it completely with the user account I've got for my iPad. I was hoping to get the sum of these two sets of purchases rather than just one or the other. Is there any way to migrate iPad purchases to the Android without losing items already purchased on the Android?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes - register your Android "Registration ID" on My Orders (form on the right side of the page) and when you transfer to Android you'll see an option to merge your purchases with that.

LinZheFu

进士
Still don't get it, sorry. I've got the Android registered and the iPad. The iPad account tells me all my iPad add-ons are activated for the Android. I don't see anything about merging purchases, though, as I go through the listed steps for moving iPad add-ons to the Android. Here they are, from http://www.pleco.com/androidxfer.html:
Transferring from iOS
  1. Choose an iOS device on which all of your iOS purchases are activated (doesn't matter which one), go into the Pleco "Settings" tab on it, and write down the "Registration ID" at the top of the screen.
  2. Go to the My Orders page on our website to register your copy of Pleco.
    1. If you do not yet have a Pleco My Orders account, enter your Registration ID and email address in the form on the middle of the page to register it. Check your email for your login password. (if it doesn't arrive quickly, check your junk mail box to make sure it wasn't filtered out)
    2. If you already have an account on My Orders (from a previous Pleco purchase, e.g.), log into that account, then enter the Registration ID in the appropriate box on the left side of the screen.
  3. Look for your iOS copy of Pleco in the listing of previous purchases - it should be near the top of the page.
  4. Under "Activate Android Version," check to see if there are any items listed as "Unverified." If there are, turn on your iOS device from step 1, go into the Pleco "Add-ons" tab on it, and tap on the "Restore iTunes Purchases" button at the bottom of the screen - that should verify them. After that, reload the page.
  5. Click on the button under "Activate Android Version" to bring up a page with more details on activating your copy of Pleco on Android.
  6. Read through / fill out the form on the bottom of the page, and click "Submit" to switch your license over. Write down the "Registration ID" listed on the confirmation page.
  7. Open up Pleco on your Android device, press your device's menu button, and tap "Settings."
  8. Tap on "Enter Registration ID," and enter the ID from step 6.
I have gone all the way to Step 8. There is no "Enter Registration ID". Instead, under Manage ID, there are choices to copy, check, list purchases, and ominously, clear registration data. Clicking on that brings up a warning that this will restore Pleco to its default state. Where is the merge option? Do I clear data first and then it will show up? I need some guidance before I take that leap of faith.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, I didn't realize that you'd already done the iOS-to-Android transfer before posting. Anyway, email support with the two Android Registration IDs and we'll merge them for you.

tachisj

Please, I have a similar problem. Could you help me?
I had and still have an Ipod 4 with purchases. Later on I have also bought an Android device (Samsung Galaxy S4) and activated there the former iOS purchases (iOS-to-Android transfer). So far no problem. But then, I bought on the Android device the feature "Document reader" (since on the Ipod a message was constantly appearing about the "current difficulty for itunes of providing the prices for this add-on" or something like that and no purchase could be carried out), and now I find no way of activating that feature for the Ipod4.
Perhaps you could merge both ID's for me. I will be most grateful