Hate to beat a dead dog but...

I would really just like to see more dictionaries on Pleco. I have money to throw at you! I've already bought nearly every dictionary but there's still more dictionaries I could use.

Many of them do not even have copyright! There are at least a dozen different dictionaries used in dynasties past, from the shuowen, to the kangxi, erya, etc. I know people have made user dictionaries for them, but it's just nice when it's integrated into the app and polished.

There are many many topical and specialized dictionaries that are missing.

I still often have to use AI to get a specific term or a medical word.
Having a dictionary of historical peoples names would be useful.
And I know licensing law law, cannot risk breaking the slightest thing because it would reflect badly on pleco for future publishers, but please find *some* way, some creative way or keep petitioning the MoE or some alternative route to get the data you need for Hokkien and Hakka. Yes I know pleco 4.0 is hard at work and nearing completion, but there's been no new dictionaries for years now, and I need things in Pleco to throw money at.


Thank you for updating the app and the new interface, just struggling to learn hokkien as there's only crappy websites and badly made apps in the whole market.
 
just getting tired of having to do a mental calculation on whether I should search something on dong chinese, pleco, wiktionary, yomitan, or gemini. wish one thing could do everything well
 
We do plan to refurbish our free dictionary offerings - including a Wiktionary port - once 4.0 is out, it's just been a moving target and we kind of have to get that done first. Honestly there's not much new paid stuff out there to license, which is a big part of the problem, though we do have a couple of things coming in that department too.

And we already added Hakka and Hokkien user dictionary support, so I'd be reluctant to do anything else with those until I see how people react to that - would be a shame to spend more time on it only to find out we'd actually been doing it wrong somehow and had to redo it all.
 
Doesn't have to be a throwaway account, we just are still playing with formats and don't want to post something that's going to be broken in the final release of 4.0.
 
We've already got a license for the 4th edition of Guifan, just were hoping to get 4.0 out fast enough that we wouldn't have to backport the thing to 3.0.
 
Back
Top