Handling/adding sample sentences to user dictionary entry?

katis

Hi,
I do not want to create separate flashcard with sample sentences. I would like to just add a personal sample sentence to an existing dictionary entry.
If sample sentences already exist they show up under the menue "sents", nicely separated by their origin dictionary.
I have created a user dictionary. I have also added an entry there. That shows as expected in menu "dict" as one translation option along with the pleco dictionary. However: how can I now add a sample sentence to show under "sents".

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid that's not supported at the moment though we're working on it for a future update; for now your best bet would be to simply add the example to a user dictionary entry for each word you'd like to be able to look it up from (so it shows in DICTS).

Reactions: Ria

katis

Ok, thanks. Will do as recommended. Looking forward to the real feature. Would a truely a nice one!

katis

Tried it, shows up in dicts as expected. Can I somehow configure the Flashcard Test to also reveal user dict definitions? I tried to find a setting but didn’t come up with a solution yet.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For that, you'd want to enable the option in New Test / Display to remap cards to different dictionaries (and put the user dictionary at the top of that list).