Handling/adding sample sentences to user dictionary entry?

katis

Hi,
I do not want to create separate flashcard with sample sentences. I would like to just add a personal sample sentence to an existing dictionary entry.
If sample sentences already exist they show up under the menue "sents", nicely separated by their origin dictionary.
I have created a user dictionary. I have also added an entry there. That shows as expected in menu "dict" as one translation option along with the pleco dictionary. However: how can I now add a sample sentence to show under "sents".

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid that's not supported at the moment though we're working on it for a future update; for now your best bet would be to simply add the example to a user dictionary entry for each word you'd like to be able to look it up from (so it shows in DICTS).

katis

Ok, thanks. Will do as recommended. Looking forward to the real feature. Would a truely a nice one!

katis

Tried it, shows up in dicts as expected. Can I somehow configure the Flashcard Test to also reveal user dict definitions? I tried to find a setting but didn’t come up with a solution yet.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For that, you'd want to enable the option in New Test / Display to remap cards to different dictionaries (and put the user dictionary at the top of that list).