Guifan cidian export flashcards

ixil

I recently started using the guifan cidian so I can study monolingualy, but when I try to export flashcards created with guifan, there is just a list of words, without definitions. I use Anki for flashcard studying, so this is sort of a problem (I've used anki for long enough, and for both chinese and japanese switching isn't really feasible). It looks like the export restrictions on guifan flashcards were lifted awhile ago, (http://www.plecoforums.com/threads/circumventing-export-restrictions-on-guifan-dictionary.2886/), but I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. Have the restrictions been readded? I've tried just about every combination of settings I could think of, as well as resetting resgistration as suggested in the link above, but none of them have worked.

Oh, I'm using an ipod v5.1.1, with the pleco 2.2.13 if it is relevant.

Thanks~

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I recently started using the guifan cidian so I can study monolingualy, but when I try to export flashcards created with guifan, there is just a list of words, without definitions. I use Anki for flashcard studying, so this is sort of a problem (I've used anki for long enough, and for both chinese and japanese switching isn't really feasible). It looks like the export restrictions on guifan flashcards were lifted awhile ago, (http://www.plecoforums.com/threads/circumventing-export-restrictions-on-guifan-dictionary.2886/), but I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. Have the restrictions been readded? I've tried just about every combination of settings I could think of, as well as resetting resgistration as suggested in the link above, but none of them have worked.

Haven't been re-added, no... any chance you might not have enabled the option to include dictionary definitions in the export?

ixil

I've tried both with and without including dictionary definitions. When I include dictionary definitions, they are still without one, and if I remap if unexportable they remap to a different dictionary. I found if dictionary definitions is the only data exported (so not exporting card definitons, and not remaping), then nothing gets exported from any of my dictionaries, including the pleco c-e dictionary. Is that supposed to happen? Also, when I create a new guifan flashcard, the flashcard definition is empty, pleco c-e isn't, but that's supposed to happen, right?

Thanks for your fast reply.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I've tried both with and without including dictionary definitions. When I include dictionary definitions, they are still without one, and if I remap if unexportable they remap to a different dictionary. I found if dictionary definitions is the only data exported (so not exporting card definitons, and not remaping), then nothing gets exported from any of my dictionaries, including the pleco c-e dictionary. Is that supposed to happen? Also, when I create a new guifan flashcard, the flashcard definition is empty, pleco c-e isn't, but that's supposed to happen, right?

OK, we investigated this further and it turns out that it relates to our recent server migration - strange that everything else would have moved over perfectly, but a particular number handling bug in a particular operating system function led the flag that causes dictionaries to be flagged as "exportable" to be turned off for Guifan even when it was supposed to be on.

Anyway, if you go into Settings / Registration ID / Clear Registration Data and then restore purchases, that should get it to export correctly. Sorry for the hassle and thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.