Google Play Services trying to directly call a phone number

yannsz

It's been 2 weeks that whenever I open Pleco on my Android Xiaomi 4 phone I have a warning message saying "Google Play Services is trying to directly call a phone number" which I don't like a lot.
Is it normal? Should I allow it?
I run Android 6.0.1 MM

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, that's not coming from us - it sounds like your phone (or your copy of Pleco) might have been hacked, I'd suggest that you back up your Pleco data files, delete our app and re-download the APK directly from our website: pleco.com/getandroid.

yannsz

Thank you! I"ll be doing this but my problem is that since a few weeks too I cannot backup my data anymore system tells me that I need to turn on "documents" in application settings. But everything seems ok in term of settings. I would really like to be able to backup again. Any clue?

yannsz

Yes I did. I'm on xiaomi4 I went to Settings / Installed apps / Pleco / Permission manager / "access and changes files on internal storage" is "on"

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Oh, on Xiaomi you also need to scroll down to the bottom of that Installed Apps list and activate their own "Documents" app for some inexplicable reason.

yannsz

That works! Thanks a lot! My "documents" app was not at the bottom of the list for some reasons. Anyway, I've found it and enabled it. Thanks a lot for your help and your fastness