full text search

running into a problem recently with full text searches, where nothing happens....
but unlike before if you toggle through the dictionaries (c-e/e-c) it will automatically do a full text search but I'm looking to restore the option of doing full text through the trigger rather than toggling toggling toggling.

seems like a setting that I can't seem to find.

any help would be wonderful.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What exactly happens when you tap on the "Full" button now? Seems to be working OK on this end anyway.

so let's say I wanna do a full-search of 'apple'
so put in apple:
IMG_0014.PNG

then I click "Full"
[which usually will automatically show the Chinese words with 'apple' in the definition]
IMG_0016.PNG
[but nothing happens...still stays on the same page just with a '#' before apple]

so click "Done" on the keyboard
and then toggling through the dictionaries automatically goes into "full-text mode"
IMG_0017.PNG

but what I really want is immediate reverse-search-results on full text search...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, this one is a known iOS 6.1 issue relating to the hack that we used to enable us to manipulate text in the input field prior to when Apple added official support for that in iOS 5. It'll be fixed in the big update - we've already replaced that whole system with a much more up-to-date one for that - but it's not feasible to do anything about it in a minor bug-fix update because it's such a major change.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
...any updates on the "BIG RELEASE" then?

We'll know more after WWDC; we have to get it out one way or another before iOS 7 comes out (for a whole bunch of reasons) but how much time we'll need to spend updating it to also look really good / run really well on iOS 7 is TBD. So it could be out anywhere from "a few weeks after WWDC" to "the day before iOS 7 is released").