Full-text Chinese search in Dictionary Groups

Shun

状元
Hi Mike,

if I create a new dictionary group "Full-text Search (Chinese dicts)" and only put the Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese in it with the setting "Use in dictionary" turned on, unfortunately I cannot select it in the Dictionary selection menu, even though full-text search results from that dictionary do come up when Dictionary Search is set to group [E]. In the end, I'd like to restrict it to all Old Chinese dicts.

So I entered "freeze" in the search box, "#freeze" would not be appropriate in this case.

Is there a way to achieve this with version 3.2.4? Thanks!

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Did you create that group in the Chinese or the English tab? The tab determines the search language (though we really need to organize this screen better), so if you created it in the Chinese tab then it would be a full-text Chinese search - looking for Chinese characters in SDCMC entries, in other words - and so not usable for an English search.

Shun

状元
Excellent. Yes, I went too quickly and took the English tab to mean English-to-Chinese dicts. Creating a Chinese full-text dict group in the English tab does exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot!