From dictionary: jump to just added flashcard for editing

etm001

状元
  • Desired functionality: after adding a dictionary entry as a flashcard, be able to jump to that flashcard immediately for editing.
  • Benefit: saves presses and (sometimes quite a bit) of scrolling to navigate to the flashcard for editing.
I typically need to do this in order to change the pronunciation of a word to reflect Taiwanese pronunciation, or sometimes I want to convert the flashcard to a custom card in order to expand the definition. Right now it takes anywhere from 2-7 presses to access the just added card. If you're wondering how 7 presses can occur (on Android):
  • Perform a flashcard search and view one of the returned results (I do this all the time).
  • Go eat lunch.
  • Fire up Pleco, perform a dictionary search, then decided you want to add the result as a flashcard, knowing you need to edit the card. From this point, the presses required to get to the card are:
  1. Press menu icon.
  2. Press Flashcard.
  3. Press back (leaving the flashcard result screen).
  4. Press back (leaving the search parameters screen).
  5. Press Organize Cards.
  6. Press to select/open flashcard category.
  7. Press to select/open just added card.
Just 2 presses from a dictionary is possible if the last screen displayed in the flashcard module happens to be the flashcard category into which the card was added.