Flipping through a deck of cards

Hello,
I've read the manual and still can't get this to work. I don't want to use the review only feature because that reveals everything. I want to use self-graded, and set the scoring to "none". The manual says something like, "If you set the score type to 'none' then the 'correct/incorrect' buttons will be replaced with a 'next' button", but the "correct/incorrect" buttons are still there. Anything I'm missing? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Slim Smith said:
Hello,
I've read the manual and still can't get this to work. I don't want to use the review only feature because that reveals everything. I want to use self-graded, and set the scoring to "none". The manual says something like, "If you set the score type to 'none' then the 'correct/incorrect' buttons will be replaced with a 'next' button", but the "correct/incorrect" buttons are still there. Anything I'm missing? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I just checked this on a device here and it seems to work OK - was the scoring option that you set to "None" the "Scoring system" option in the "Scoring" configuration screen? Is it actually showing you correct/incorrect buttons or is the problem simply that it's showing you the "reveal" button before it shows you the "next" button? (which is actually by design, since we assume people still want to see if they remembered the card correctly even if they're flipping through it quickly)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the fast reply.
Here's how I configured the deck:
More Settings > Scoring > Scoring Options > Scoring System > None
The problem is that it is showing the correct/incorrect buttons instead of the next button after touching the reveal button; the reveal button isn't a problem.
Not sure if this matters:
Profile > Simple
Scorefile > Default
Pleco version: 2.2.10
iOS 5.0.1
Thanks for any ideas.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Slim Smith said:
Pleco version: 2.2.10
iOS 5.0.1
Thanks for any ideas.

I think there may have actually been a bug in this feature in 2.2.10 - does updating to 2.2.11 (via the App Store "Updates" tab) help matters any?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Slim Smith said:
Nope. Same result after updating.

Hmm... might be some obscure combination of other options, then; would you mind sending me a backup of your flashcard database? (you can attach it to a PM or email it to mikelove@pleco.com) Along with the name of the profile you're using? We should be able to sort this out from that.