Flashcard status [+] inconsistent

The [+] flashcard indicator is sometimes on and sometimes off when I lookup words for which I have flashcards. I think the problem is limited to user dictionary entries.

This problem manifests itself in two places. First, when I look up dictionary entries the [+] is sometimes indicated and sometimes not. Second, something similar happens in clip reader: If I tap a word for which I have a flashcard, sometimes the [+] is indicated and sometimes the [+] is only indicated when I rotate through and find the user dictionary entry.

Hope this makes sense and that there's a simple solution.

FYI: I am using a dictionary that was partially imported.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Does the user dictionary include accurate simplified and traditional and pinyin for each entry? And do your flashcards? The most likely reason for the missing [+] would be those not matching.

I'm missing traditional characters. (Simplified and pinyin should be correct.) Is there an easy way to add traditional where they are missing, ideally in a batch process rather than one card at a time?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can do that in flashcards via Edit / Batch. No current way to do that in user dictionaries, your best bet would probably be to back up your flashcard database, erase your flashcard database, import the text of your user dictionary into flashcards in that empty database, batch add traditional characters to that, export it back to a text file, restore your original flashcard backup and then import that fixed text file as a user dictionary.