Flashcard Questions

CalebLA

秀才
Hello,

Just had a few questions about how the new profiles work (in general). Please forgive me if they are overly simple.

1. After importing the cards from XML format, do I have to remap the cards? I had OCC for most of my cards, so is it automatically remaped when imported?

2. I imported my cards from Pleco Legacy, and they rightly show up under the Pleco Legacy Profile in 4.0.
When I start the test, I review the same cards as if It was in the Legacy version of pleco.
However, If I started the test for another profile, In my case the SM2, does it start me from ground zero, pulling randomly from the cards I have imported, or is there some algorithm conversion that happens?

3. How to configure score subjects - I had this set in Legacy to alternating Character and Definition every couple hundred points, but has the feature changed names?
On a similar note, would it be possible to create a profile with Cloze sentences with the SM2 profile?

4. Adding new cards - In Legacy, I would use the 'simple' profile to test 10 new cards so that they were in the "system" and could later be tested by a seperate SRS profile. Are any cards that are tested (regardless of the profile) put into the "system" in 4.0? In Legacy, I could also force add to pool. Has this been replaced with "Force Due"?

5. Under New Cards (in SM2 Profile) what is "Bury Related Until Next Day"?

Thank you and I am already enjoying 4.0 Beta!

Caleb

Last edited:

CalebLA

秀才
Hello,

Just wanted to update.
I figured out everything except for the Configure score subjects.

I think it is under 'Test Type Selection'
However, is there any way to toggle when each test type will show up?

Thank you,

Caleb

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry for the slow reply (was busy with a bug fix update).

There's no way to shift when each test type will show up with score-based selection, no. To be honest, while we kept that feature in 4.0 for the sake of people who were already using it, the new "Learning" profile is generally a much better way to accomplish the same thing; with that, you can configure the precise progression of test types and intervals you want rather than awkwardly trying to line up score increases with test types.