flashcard question

sahal

秀才
Hi,

Is it possible with pleco for Android to either

a) (when testing for character drawing in self-graded tests) to not have my input disappear until after I have been given a chance to see the correct solution and been able to compare my input to it? Currently, (I think) I can not see the solution unless I close the drawing board first, and when I re-open the drawing board, my previous input is gone.

or

b) (when testing for pinyin in fill-in-the-blanks-tests) to let me rate a test as "failed" even if the pinyin is correct, e.g. because I could not remember the correct meaning of the character?

When using Pleco on my iPad, a) is no problem at all, so it would be cool to have the same on my phone, too.

Happy holidays

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sahal said:
a) (when testing for character drawing in self-graded tests) to not have my input disappear until after I have been given a chance to see the correct solution and been able to compare my input to it? Currently, (I think) I can not see the solution unless I close the drawing board first, and when I re-open the drawing board, my previous input is gone.

That shouldn't be happening - try installing our latest beta version, the contents of the box are supposed to stay put (and by default now the buttons can be operated with the box visible, so you don't necessarily even have to close and reopen it).

sahal said:
b) (when testing for pinyin in fill-in-the-blanks-tests) to let me rate a test as "failed" even if the pinyin is correct, e.g. because I could not remember the correct meaning of the character?

Yes - for that you'd want to go into Scoring, turn on "Prompt for recall quality" and set "Button layout" to one of the last three options - that way you'll have the option to mark it as one of the incorrect scores (1/2/3) even if you answer it correctly, which the system should register as an incorrect answer.