Flashcard pool limited

Jhanamay

I've created 26 sentence flashcards but when I try to review/test them, it only shows me the same 5 cards over and over. If I set maximum cards to 10, it will show me the same 5 cards twice. If I check "do not repeat" it will do the 5 cards then tell me there are no more cards avaliable even if I tell it to continue to review cards that aren't due. Limit # of new cards is off, considered learned is set to 200, and I've done every card enough that their score is 600 each and yet it still won't add the other cards to the pool. I've tried force adding the other cards to the pool and still just the same 5 cards. I'm getting very frustrated! Is that normal behavior or am I missing something about how it's supposed to work? Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you doing a stroke order test? Those are limited to single-character cards. (since stroke order testing for multi-character cards would mean a lot of redundant practicing of common characters)

If not, are any 'card filters' turned on?

Jhanamay

No, fill in the blank. I want it to give me the definition or the audio and I fill in the characters (which does work perfectly for the 5 cards it will let me see).

Card filters says "all off."

I'm using alternating subject selection and frequency-adjusted for card selection.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, that explains it - I didn't notice the 'sentence flashcards' but fill-in-the-blanks is limited to 4 characters. (due to UI design laziness, mostly - we didn't think a lot of people would want to do longer fill-ins since they're so time-consuming and so didn't bother building a multi-line UI to accommodate them)

Jhanamay

Ohh, yes. At least I know I'm not going crazy! I'll have to look for another way to test myself on these. Thanks!