Flashcard Auto Add

Is this something you think is/would be valuable?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MALAILI

进士
Is there a way to automatically add a word that I search/lookup added to my flashcard list(s)?

This could be toggled on or off, depending on your current list/deck

For beginners, this would be a Godsent!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not at the moment, no - we're a little reluctant to do it totally automatically because it's really hard to capture intent effectively with flashcard history; people look up a LOT of words they don't really consider themselves to have looked up.

You can however dump all recently looked up words in history to your flashcards via the History screen.

MALAILI

进士
I hear that, although I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Could you offer a way to have a word added to our flashcard deck with a simple click on a word we have looked up? I'm just looking for a simple/convenient way to add words to my/our flashcard files.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can tap on a word in the history list to view it as a dictionary entry and then tap the + button to add it to flashcards as with any other dictionary entry. (And scroll through the list with the arrow buttons at the top)

We might add a batch mode to that screen at some point to let you tap on a bunch of words to select them and then add them all to a category at the same time; would that help?

MALAILI

进士
Adding a batch mode would make a big difference. I/we spend a lot of time adding words to our flashcard files, a batch mode would be a big time saver. Flashcards are an integral part of our study/learning process. (How many people have purchased FLASHCARD upgrades). Just making that process easier/more convenient would improve the process.

I'm now off my soapbox