Feature requests

Thought there was a sticky for feature requests but didn't find any one particular thread. Apologies if one already exists. Just have a few requests which may or may not already be on the way in the next release.

1. It would be nice to have the option of a lassoo selection when using OCR. Would allow user to pinpoint exactly which part of a photo they want to extract from and avoids lots of clutter characters appearing or stuff that it thinks are characters.
2. Would be nice to be able to type in more than one character in the handwriting recognition screen like the way it can be done on Apple handwriting screen.
3. I find the process of OCR a bit cumbersome in that you have to go forward and backwards lots of times to different pages when doing it. Would be nice if there were the options of adding my own icons to the toolbar. For example an OCR button that brings me straight to the photos and once scanned a button that brings me into the documents folder directory or back to the last open root directory. Or after completing the scan within OCR, instead of hitting the exit button in the top left hand corner, I could select a button along the bottom that gives me a popup of the directory folder or something along those lines. Maybe one for the future.

Edit: Did a bit more digging and it looks like this post might be better suited to 2.3 User Interface Enhancements and I already commented on the OCR thing. Apologies.

Last edited: