[feature request] history settings

Skedaddle

hi would be great if there was a toggle in settings for these two things:

1. whether to enable history of entered text or not

2. on app open, do not auto populate with the last entered text. in order words, always open on a blank page, not the last search from the last time i used the app

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We're working on an option to not save search history as part of a new 'privacy settings' screen, I don't know if we'll break out #2 into a separate option but it seems logical that if we don't save search history then we also wouldn't want to save / restore your last search on startup.

Skedaddle

oh yes you're right if disabling history is going to be an option, having a separate option for #2 might only be marginal and not worth the effort, it can just follow naturally from not having histroy. thanks!

nearingdo

We're working on an option to not save search history as part of a new 'privacy settings' screen, I don't know if we'll break out #2 into a separate option but it seems logical that if we don't save search history then we also wouldn't want to save / restore your last search on startup.
hey mike, just wondering if there's a rough eta about the option to disable history? just a rough idea for planning would be great. thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not specifically, it's definitely included in 4.0 but I don't have anything to share about when that might be ready on Android.