Feature request: Creating vocab lists from readings

Daniel C

秀才
Hi Mike,

Currently, making vocab lists from long documents in the Pleco reader can be a laborious process as every word has to be added manually. I propose adding a feature whereby the Pleco reader scans documents/articles for any vocabulary that hasn't been learnt in the Flashcards or is identified as belonging to a given category (let us say HSK5/6) and then prepare a vocabulary list. This list can then be accessed from a button in the document reader such as "Vocabulary List" for ready reference and also tested in Flashcards.

Another feature I would really crave is for Pleco to provide curated content such as ebooks and articles. I have a few Chinese reader apps on my iPad such as Decipher and the Financial Times but I am always frustrated that I have to use their dictionaries rather than the ones I purchased in Pleco. It would be much more convenient for me to have this content in the Pleco Reader so that they can integrate with the Pleco dictionaries, flash cards and potentially the vocab list feature I just described above. You could have a variety of curated content categorised according to HSK level or difficulty offerred on a subscription basis (especially for services like Decipher) and for purchase (such as ebooks).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Working on the first one - fits with adding tone colors / readings / etc documents - though as with that it'll be less than 100% accurate and probably come with a couple of warning dialogs to that effect.

Curated content is mostly just a problem of finding good stuff to license, though we are working on a few projects in that direction.

Working on the first one - fits with adding tone colors / readings / etc documents - though as with that it'll be less than 100% accurate and probably come with a couple of warning dialogs to that effect.

Curated content is mostly just a problem of finding good stuff to license, though we are working on a few projects in that direction.
Hi Mike, I was wondering if there was any update on this because I cannot seem to find it in the text reader or card import settings anyway.

Kind regards.