Feature request (communication with PC)

Miguel

状元
I know that you're not planning to have a Desktop version of Pleco, but since some people use the PC to study Chinese, would it be possible to make Pleco able to establish some short of easy/fast connection with our computers? Kind of the one that Pushbullet, Airdroid or Whatsapp have. It could be through the browser and we could send information from Pleco to the PC (words we want to copy) and from the PC to Pleco (Chinese words or texts we want to look up in the dictionary).
Just a suggestion...:)

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can use Pleco on desktops right now via ARC Welder or BlueStacks or the Android emulator solution of your choice. Computer link would be really really dicey and probably only something we'd consider if it were done via central server (otherwise the hardware incompatibility headaches would be massive - we encounter far too many of those even just connecting Apple devices to other Apple devices over people's WiFi networks).

Miguel

状元
Thanks for your answer, Mike. I'm using it right now with Mobizen (as Bluestacks is not native in Linux). Good thing with Mobizen is that allows you to use the Pleco in your cellphone. Is there anyway to sync your Pleco Flashcards between the ARC Welder installation and the one in your cellphone? Maybe syncing somehow the file "Pleco Flashcard Database.pqb" in the "databases" folder?

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No automated sync at the moment, you'd have to manually back up / copy over / restore. That's another thing that we'd have to do through a server, at least on Android.

Miguel

状元
Ok. Anyways, pretty cool Pleco with ARC Welder (I hadn't tried it yet). Thanks again

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We already do quite a few things through Intents that one could access using Tasker, actually.

Miguel

状元
Thanks, DonCachopo. So far I'm fine with the ARC Welder and my phone versions. But interesting program