Feat. request: create custom card from highlighted sentence

laurenth

秀才
Hello,

One of the great features of Pleco is the ability to create a word/character flashcard from the dictionaries or the reader. It would be great if it was also possible with entire sentences: select a sentence in the reader, tap on "+" and, voila, you have a new custom flashcard. Of course the def and pinyin fields would be empty, you'd have to fill them manually or choose to leave them empty.

For now, I do that by copying the sentence to the clipboard, opening the flashcard system, create a flashcard, etc. (in addition, I do that bit by bit, because the selection tool cannot go past a punctuation mark - but you know that already :wink: ) The above feature would make the process much easier.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Feat. request: create custom card from highlighted sente

laurenth said:
One of the great features of Pleco is the ability to create a word/character flashcard from the dictionaries or the reader. It would be great if it was also possible with entire sentences: select a sentence in the reader, tap on "+" and, voila, you have a new custom flashcard. Of course the def and pinyin fields would be empty, you'd have to fill them manually or choose to leave them empty.

That's already an option; Settings / Popup Definition / Unknown word handling -> "Custom Card."

laurenth said:
For now, I do that by copying the sentence to the clipboard, opening the flashcard system, create a flashcard, etc. (in addition, I do that bit by bit, because the selection tool cannot go past a punctuation mark - but you know that already ) The above feature would make the process much easier.

That should be fixed in 2.3.8. (which is taking a while because we're also debuting a whole bunch of new features in it)

laurenth

秀才
Re: Feat. request: create custom card from highlighted sente

That's already an option

Woah, is there anything you haven't thought about? When I searched for something like that, I read the wrong manual (the flashcard part instead of the dictionary part). Now I have no excuses: I'll have to read everything.

Thanks a lot! I look forward to trying 2.3.8!