Fairly Exhaustive food list

Mer

Hi guys n gals

I made a list of food items. It is a fairly exhaustive list.
Made with Traditional, Simplified, pinyin and english on each card. There are some errors in some of the cards but for the most part it's pretty good.

As you can see from the attached pictures there are some weird little errors. But should be fine for most people I think.

Oh yah, I pulled all the data from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_dishes

2015-05-12-10-19-59-png.1765
screen-shot-2015-05-12-at-5-20-18-pm-png.1764

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 5.20.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 5.20.18 PM.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 3,439
  • 2015-05-12 10.19.59.png
    2015-05-12 10.19.59.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,668
  • Pleco food list copy.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,029

alex_hk90

状元
Hi guys n gals

I made a list of food items. It is a fairly exhaustive list.
Made with Traditional, Simplified, pinyin and english on each card. There are some errors in some of the cards but for the most part it's pretty good.

As you can see from the attached pictures there are some weird little errors. But should be fine for most people I think.

Oh yah, I pulled all the data from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_dishes

Thanks for posting. :)

I think the Pleco Flashcard format is:
Code:
{simplified Hanzi}[{traditional Hanzi}{tab}{Pinyin}{tab}{Definition}]

So I've reformatted the text file to the Pleco Flashcard (see attached) using (mostly) the following Regex replace command:
Code:
sed 's@\(.*\)/\(.*\)\t\(.*\)/\(.*\)@\1[\2]\t\3\t\4@g' "Pleco food list copy.txt" > "Pleco food list copy_Flashcards.txt"

Attachments

• Pleco food list copy_Flashcards.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,012

hasen

秀才
When I export cards as characters only they have pinyin already since pleco has all that built in. Why does the list then need pinyin in it?

alex_hk90

状元
When I export cards as characters only they have pinyin already since pleco has all that built in. Why does the list then need pinyin in it?
It doesn't necessarily but I would expect that it would prioritise the Pinyin in the flashcard so if there are multiple Pinyin matches for the same characters it will ensure you have the correct one for the flashcard.