Examples of Grand Ricci

I wish Pleco could add the rich examples of Le Grand Dictionnaire Ricci de la langue chinoise.

We would learn more by reading the translations of a word in its colourful contexts.

Thanks.

"No examples" in the description of Grand Ricci got me mixed up with another dictionary.

I'm truly sorry for wasting your time.

The dictionary I mistook Ricci for is Dictionnaire Chinois-Français du Chinois Parlé (法汉口语词典)
Paris: Éditions You-Feng. It has a huge corpus of frequent oral Chinese with very natural translations, and helped me a lot in my translation class.

Here is part of the entry "让" :

(perhaps you should open the picture by yourself)

I would like to know if you take an interest in licensing this.

Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Heh, never heard of that one - looks like one of the two reviews of it on Amazon.fr specifically requests a Pleco edition of it to go along with Grand Ricci :) Anyway we'll see about getting a copy here to evaluate, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not at the moment, no - it's been a few years since we went out actively seeking new dictionary licenses, mostly because we're in the middle of a big data format transition for 4.0 and don't want to have to convert a dictionary to our old format to hit a license deadline but then turn right around and have to convert it again to the new one. (we have launched a few new dictionaries that have more-or-less landed in our laps - or that were relatively easy to convert, which this wouldn't be - but we haven't done a lot of new ones)