Error analysis of tone practice?

Aslaksen

秀才
Would it be possible to get a more detailed analysis of my errors when I do tone practice? Like which tones do I always get right, and which ones do I often get wrong? Which tone pairs do I confuse with which tone pairs? If not possible, is it possible to create a log file that I could analyze myself?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We don't log that information yet but we're looking at how we can do that in a future release without it using up a huge amount of storage space.

Aslaksen

秀才
It would be hard to do this for general flashcard practice, but for the tone practice, I believe that it should be a fairly small file, and you don't even have to analyze it. Just let me download of a list showing that I confused tonepair (a, b) with (c,d) n times.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I think we likely will be storing enough data for this, but I don't know if it'll be in a format that would be readily accessible for outside analysis, as we're mostly doing it in order to let you review your incorrect answers when you backtrack through tests; it might be something that would have to wait for a subsequent update from us before you could actually use it in the way that you describe.