English only before revealing flashcard

Is it possible to only show the English part of definitions while working on flashcards? Sometimes if the character is directly underneath the entry box my eyes wander down or its just in my field of vision already thus giving the game away. If I select pinyin or pinyin + definition from configure subjects it is impossible to distinguish between words with same tone and pronunciation. I have my cards saved under the Tuttle dictionary as I find the layout and examples useful after revealing the card.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
Is it possible to only show the English part of definitions while working on flashcards? Sometimes if the character is directly underneath the entry box my eyes wander down or its just in my field of vision already thus giving the game away. If I select pinyin or pinyin + definition from configure subjects it is impossible to distinguish between words with same tone and pronunciation. I have my cards saved under the Tuttle dictionary as I find the layout and examples useful after revealing the card.

Turn on the option in Settings / Flashcards to filter out the headword in definitions - it's been on by default for new users but not for people running Pleco for a while. As far as hiding all characters in definitions, that happens by default in some dictionaries (like PLC) but not in all of them yet because they're not properly tagged - we're working on that.