Early Access to Early Access Dictionaries

I see. What about the TCM dictionary? Is this the most comprehensive one there will be, or is there any other such dict. (with more entries) in the pipeline?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
goldyn chyld said:
I see. What about the TCM dictionary? Is this the most comprehensive one there will be, or is there any other such dict. (with more entries) in the pipeline?

Nothing else currently licensed / planned, no. There certainly are some other titles available we could license, but we have to see if this is a worthwhile market for us first, and in any event they'd have to get in line behind a whole bunch of other things we're working on.

LanChong

Speaking of the new edition of the C-C Guifan, how will it work with the edition on sale now? I'm interested in buying a C-C dict now, but if the 2nd edition will be sold separately - and not offered as an update - then naturally I'd want to wait until that comes out. What's your plan?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
LanChong said:
Speaking of the new edition of the C-C Guifan, how will it work with the edition on sale now? I'm interested in buying a C-C dict now, but if the 2nd edition will be sold separately - and not offered as an update - then naturally I'd want to wait until that comes out. What's your plan?

It'll be a free update - to be honest, it would be a big hassle to maintain (through file format changes etc) a separate database for the first edition for people who didn't update, so even ignoring customer service concerns, it's just much easier for us to give everyone the update.