Dictionary results for character components

augeriu

Good Morning!

Here is my question:

when i am in a dictionary entry for a character, for example 想, and i hit the chars tab, i get the components of this character.

My problem is, when i hit on 木, i don't get the definition from the dictionaries i have installed. (ABC is the one i use). How can i fix this problem?

Thanks!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
augeriu said:
My problem is, when i hit on 木, i don't get the definition from the dictionaries i have installed. (ABC is the one i use). How can i fix this problem?

Go into the "Words" tab and you should be able to get the definition you want from there.

augeriu

mikelove said:
augeriu said:

Go into the "Words" tab and you should be able to get the definition you want from there.

i already did, and the definition is only displayed when the component is in color, when it's displayed as black handwriting, there is nor definiton or words although it's actually existing in the dictionary

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
augeriu said:
i already did, and the definition is only displayed when the component is in color, when it's displayed as black handwriting, there is nor definiton or words although it's actually existing in the dictionary

In that case it usually means that it's an alternate version of the same character that doesn't actually map to the same code - we corrected most of those in the 2.4 update and its accompanying update to the stroke order database, are you running the latest versions of those things?

augeriu

mikelove said:
augeriu said:

In that case it usually means that it's an alternate version of the same character that doesn't actually map to the same code - we corrected most of those in the 2.4 update and its accompanying update to the stroke order database, are you running the latest versions of those things?

Yes, i am running the latest version of everything, maybe it's because there are still some compatibilites not resolved? in that case there is no way to fix it? I am only using ABC comprenhensive chinese to english dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
augeriu said:
Yes, i am running the latest version of everything, maybe it's because there are still some compatibilites not resolved? in that case there is no way to fix it? I am only using ABC comprenhensive chinese to english dictionary.

No, that dictionary should be OK... which character did you get to this 木 component from?

augeriu

mikelove said:
augeriu said:

No, that dictionary should be OK... which character did you get to this 木 component from?

I got it from 想, i go to chars, and 相,目 and 心, are displayed in their proper tone color, and when i hit on them i get the defn. tab from ABC, however 木 is displayed on black and handwriting and i don't get the ABC entry nor the PLC entry as well.

The same happens with some others like 到, not displaying 至 in color.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
augeriu said:
I got it from 想, i go to chars, and 相,目 and 心, are displayed in their proper tone color, and when i hit on them i get the defn. tab from ABC, however 木 is displayed on black and handwriting and i don't get the ABC entry nor the PLC entry as well.

Ah, OK, I'm seeing the problem now - we'll see about addressing this in a future update, thanks.