desktop versio idea: firefox plugin

benzhen

进士
there's a pretty good (free) instant pop-up chinese dictionary for firefox call chinese perakun. it unfortunately uses the crappy cedict, but wow if there was a product that used the ABC dictionary, i would be willing to PAY for it. can you believe that? seriously though for the desktop version i think this would be more useful than a separate reader. especially since firefox remembers all the tabs and positions of pages it makes it the best e-reader for a pc. plus the advantage of reading chinese website instantly. anyway just thought about this and know there are people who care!

ben

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. We've been looking at doing something like this for a while now, actually, though probably as an embedded browser in Pleco rather than a browser plugin (since that makes it easier to integrate with some other cool features we're working on).

daniu

榜眼
benzhen said:
there's a pretty good (free) instant pop-up chinese dictionary for firefox call chinese perakun. it unfortunately uses the crappy cedict, but wow if there was a product that used the ABC dictionary, i would be willing to PAY for it. can you believe that? seriously though for the desktop version i think this would be more useful than a separate reader. especially since firefox remembers all the tabs and positions of pages it makes it the best e-reader for a pc. plus the advantage of reading chinese website instantly. anyway just thought about this and know there are people who care!

ben

Hi!

BTW: Chinese Perapera-kun - as it is actually called (otherwise it is harder to find) is here

best regards
Daniel