definitions without grammar hints

naminori

举人
Is there a way to opt out from grammar hints like NOUN,VERB, ADJECTIVE, ADVERB etc. from the dictionary definitions? - Many of those indiations are not very important at all and it is a bit of a problem that the font in which they appear, i.e. in bold face capitals, is so dominant and overarching the real meanings.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can't hide them, but you could go into Settings / Manage Dictionaries and reorder CC-CEDICT above Pleco C-E in order to bury them.

naminori

举人
Thank you Mike for this helpful advice. - I was a bit perplexed for a moment what you meant with "reordering etc." The term is quite misleading, while meaning simply "rearranging or "shoving" or "putting". But almost as if in trance I managed to do the job - and am now getting it now so nicely.

1622935614166.png

And now I get this very nice display.

1622935507519.png

BTW. - You will see that I have used already that other great feature of Pleco to customise the Manarin tone colours to my gusto - and logic, so to speak.

Cheers!

Wave Rider

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Great! (and yes, we should probably re-do that interface - it dates back to when Android didn't really have any sort of official support for reordering lists and we had to hack together our own thing)