Dedicated Home/Dictionary Button?

adamlau

探花
Browsing and linking through Pleco, I will often find myself a dozen or more steps away from the search field. Instead of clicking back a dozen or more times, I find that unlocking rotation and landscaping is faster to access search than not. Drawback is having to rotate/lock back to portrait. Perhaps the titlebar word 'Pleco' can serve to link us directly back home to the dictionary, cursor in the search field, ready for input? Or is there another elegant solution to the aforementioned annoyance?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you tap the menu button and then tap 'search' that should jump you all the way back to the top level a bit more conveniently at least. Or you could tap on a character to highlight it and then tap on the magnifying glass, the search text should be highlighted on the search screen when you get back to it so there's basically no difference between that and an empty search box tap-wise. Or you could use any of the many many many Android shortcut utilities out there to add a button or swipe gesture or some such to invoke the Pleco 'Dictionary Launcher' shortcut.

adamlau

探花
Going with your second recommendation (which works well) as I am unclear as to where the 'menu button' is located on a Galaxy S7 (Nougat) with a single-pane layout (portrait or landscape) when several levels deep. Also, regarding the second recommendation: The search text in the search field does not highlight as suggested on either the (unsupported) BlackBerry Passport (Lollipop) or the aforementioned S7. A minor extra click quibble :)

Last edited: