Creating Flashcards: Saving Vocab with Context

feifei

Recently I have started reading extensively using Pleco's file reader and I have noticed that vocab tends to stick very well if I learn it using the context I have read. However, I'd rather not interrupt the flow of reading by typing out the sentences in Anki whenever I stumble upon them, so what would be ideal for me is one of the following options:

1) Saving Vocab in Pleco by hitting the +-sign with a possibility to either include the whole sentence in the card or a possibility to jump to the context when hitting the vocab in Pleco's flashcard database.

2) The possibility to highlight words in Pleco's file reader and a way to quickly jump to those words.

So basically I am just looking for a one-click way to somehow save or link to the context of the words that I encounter during reading. Is there any way to do so?

Thank you so much!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
#1 not supported yet but should be coming in 4.0. #2 I'm a little murky on - are you wanting to jump back to the location in the file reader where you bookmarked the word?

feifei

Thanks! Yes, that's exactly what I meant by #2, something similar to the notes feature inside Google Books (basically a list of all the highlighted words with page number that allows you to jump right to its position in the source text).

My workaround now is to scroll up in Pleco's file reader until the sentence I want to extract is at the top of the screen and then saving it as a bookmark. The drawbacks are, of course, having to scroll very precisely and having to give meaningful names as bookmark titles.

PS: When is the 4.0 release scheduled? :)