Converting existing flashcard to custom card

Azimuth

秀才
Suppose I search for a word and the definition turns up something that'll help me remember it - some connection or meaning that I wasn't previously aware of. I want this word to be a custom flashcard, so I press the + button, but it turns out I've already saved the word as a card with a dictionary definition. But now I want to add to that definition, so I can highlight the fact I just learned. Is there any way to easily convert the existing flashcard to a custom card? I understand that a flashcards-only search function is planned, which will be great, but it'd be even better to be able to do this without leaving the dictionary. I suppose what I'm asking for is a link that allows you to edit a flashcard from the dictionary, rather than just add it as a flashcard. Does this exist somewhere in the settings?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Azimuth said:
Suppose I search for a word and the definition turns up something that'll help me remember it - some connection or meaning that I wasn't previously aware of. I want this word to be a custom flashcard, so I press the + button, but it turns out I've already saved the word as a card with a dictionary definition. But now I want to add to that definition, so I can highlight the fact I just learned. Is there any way to easily convert the existing flashcard to a custom card? I understand that a flashcards-only search function is planned, which will be great, but it'd be even better to be able to do this without leaving the dictionary. I suppose what I'm asking for is a link that allows you to edit a flashcard from the dictionary, rather than just add it as a flashcard. Does this exist somewhere in the settings?

It doesn't, but we've had a number of requests for something like this - we're thinking of adding an option for it in a future release, probably along with making the + button change to indicate the card already exists.