Combine simplistic batches with SRS

Blebo

Hello everyone,

I could use some guidance on the art of using Pleco flashcards.

I did HSK 3 with the simple profile, splitting the 300 words into groups of 25 and than going through them using the different test types and moving out hard to learn words to another category to keep momentum.

This worked great and when I really got into it I was able to drill through 75 new words in one week. I just lacked the SRS aspect and would forget words/sit through hundreds of words review sessions

So for HSK 4 I decided to go with the SRS approach with it set to 15 new words per day. Now I’m missing the convenience of using the different test types to drill in words and especially find it difficult to specifically drill trouble words.

How can I combine the two study approaches? I would like to be able to use SRS for self graded review only. Use different test types to drill in new words in batches, and ideally when time permits would like to easily add another 10 new words to the drilling session.

I currently have HSK 4 set split into groups of 100 cards.

Thank you :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Create another profile - not SRS - and have it use the same scorefile (select it in "Scoring") as your SRS one; also, set "scoring system" to "none." With this, you can conduct whatever drills you like on your SRS cards, based on your performance with them in SRS tests, but not have it affect their SRS intervals.