Chinese Radicals

Anth0ny

Hey all,
I'm a little over a year of studies in Mandarin, and I've been seeing a lot of way that Chinese characters are categorized. I've seen the 214 radicals and all that but there is a lot more as far as semantic components to characters which a lot of the time can also be stand alone characters themselves.
I hope this make sense I really hoping to get help on locating a semantic/phonetic component list as well as just get a better understanding of how characters are categorized.

Thanks

朱真明

进士

feng

榜眼
Hey all,
I'm a little over a year of studies in Mandarin, and I've been seeing a lot of way that Chinese characters are categorized. I've seen the 214 radicals and all that but there is a lot more as far as semantic components to characters which a lot of the time can also be stand alone characters themselves.
I hope this make sense I really hoping to get help on locating a semantic/phonetic component list as well as just get a better understanding of how characters are categorized.

Thanks
You just want a list for learning, or you want to know about their history and inter-relation?