Chinese History: A New Manual error

Ximenez_Kin

Hi all, I've noticed an error with the Chinese History: A New Manual e-book which I wonder if anyone else has found. When I browse the book (which is fantastic for research and an all-round treasure trove) there's no problem, but should I switch from Pleco when the e-book is open and later re-open Pleco, the browser bar at the top disappears (see screenshot) and I can't get back into the rest of Pleco. I have to manually close the whole app and restart it, which is not very smooth.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how to fix it? Thanks in advance :)
IMG_68A8A0BF78A3-1.jpeg

Ximenez_Kin

I'm afraid rotating the screen doesn't help. I've tried to open the e-book on an iPhone XR and iPhone 8 and I still have the same problem.

Actually I hadn't downloaded another e-book before, I've just downloaded a sample of The Besieged City and found the same problem of a disappearing browser bar when I switch apps.
IMG_0017.PNG

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... well not something we've had any other reports of as far as I know. What versions of iOS and of Pleco are you running?

Ximenez_Kin

I am running Pleco Chinese Dictionary for iOS Version 3.2.50, and iOS 13.5.1 on an iPhone 8 and iPhone XR. I have had this problem on the iPhone XR but figured it was just a problem with that phone. When I found out it was also a problem on the iPhone 8, I was surprised and posted here.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Very odd, we're having no luck at all reproducing this and we haven't had any other reports of it either.

Does it help any if you reset Pleco to its default settings? (can back up your current settings first at the bottom of the Settings screen) Also, is your system screen scaling set to something other than the default?

Ximenez_Kin

I have reset Pleco to its default settings and that works! I can switch between apps and the e-book browser bar is still there.

I checked my custom settings, and I think it may be a problem with the colours. If you go to Settings > Colors > Standard Mode colors > Toolbars and turn on "tint toolbars," the problem seems to reappear and I have to close and re-open the app. Does that produce a problem for you?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, no, can't seem to reproduce this with that either. Very odd... anyway will investigate further but glad to hear that seems to have fixed it for now.