CE-Star input methods

MPenguin

秀才
I'm looking at CE-Star and I see it has many methods of input, including Cangjie, Dayi, etc. I'm not familiar with any of those, but I can use Pinyin and Zhuyin Fuhao/Bopomofo, since I live in Taiwan.

I noticed that they list "phonetic" has a method. Can someone clarify whether this "phonetic" refers to Zhuyin Fuhao or the Cantonese Phonetic Method? My HTC Touch Pro comes with a Taiwanese keyboard, so it has both Latin characters and Zhuyin Fuhao on it. Would I be able to use the bopomofo if I installed CE-Star?

jlick

I also have a Taiwanese HTC Touch Pro and have CE-Star installed on it. The "Phonetic" input method is indeed zhuyin fuhao (bopomofo). You can use either the onscreen keyboard or the physical keyboard. The zhuyin characters on the physical keyboard in the Taiwan version of the Touch Pro uses the same layout/mapping that CE-Star uses.

MPenguin

秀才
Awesome! THanks for the info Jlick. Please see the other thread - I'm curious to know which custom ROM you flashed and if there are any problems. I just want to make sure it'll still work with Chunghua Telecom, etc.