buying addons ?

langxia

Is it only possible to buy the addons for pleco from my ipod touch or can I also buy them on my pc in the itunes store ?

Because it seems that I am not able to connect to any of the wifi connections (that are around the place I live) with my ipod. (I am new to this stuff so if anyone knows why I can't connect to them would also be happy to know an answer to that :))

gato

状元
Because it seems that I am not able to connect to any of the wifi connections (that are around the place I live) with my ipod. (I am new to this stuff so if anyone knows why I can't connect to them would also be happy to know an answer to that :))
Where are you? And who operates those WiFi connections?

langxia

I'm in Beijing, but to clarify, I can connect to the wifi system, but it does stop at that. I am not able to connect to the itunes store, also when I try to use one of the applications I added from my pc it tells me it is not able to connect. (But the connection to the wifi system is there).

And the wifi connections : one is operated by a bakery and the other one is operated by a university.

gato

状元
It could be that those WiFi signals are too weak. Can you use those WiFi connections on your laptop/PC?

Starbucks in Beijing usually have free Wifi. You could try there.

langxia

Yeah I can usually use it on my laptop and today there were some people around me using it aswell.

the only stuff I found on the internet so far is that appearantly some places have got a
Note: If the Wi-Fi network uses MAC address filtering, you will need to add the MAC address to the access list for the Wi-Fi router. The MAC address for your device is listed as the Wi-Fi address in Settings > General > About.
or they tell me I should try to restart the device.

Might try a starbucks later and see how that works out. Yesterday in the apple store I was able to connect to their network so the ipod should be fine. But what I really don't understand is why does it when I plug it to my pc not act as if it was connected to the internet ?

langxia

Well Starbucks worked out. So I guess in my bakery they have different settings shuting me out, or I have to change something in my settings to have full access. Will try some more in the next days :)

Thanks for the help :)