BUG: 2.2.4 crashes using PLC dict and traditional chars

Rik123

秀才
Not certain if this is a new bug introduced in 2.2.4, but I've tried searching and can't see any similar reports.

Scrolling the Dictionary word list with the PLC dictionary selected (either C>E or E>C) and traditional characters set (2nd icon tapped) causes Pleco to crash to the Springboard. This is 100% reproducible on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, on iPad the effect is almost instant.

If other dictionaries are selected (ABC or NWP) the crash does not occur, likewise if I switch to simplified I can can scroll through the PLC list without issue.

I've tried rebooting both devices to eliminate the possibility of resident memory issues.

Hardware:
iPhone 4 GSM, 32GB, iOS 4.3.3 (8J2)
iPad 2 GSM, 32GB, iOS 4.3.3 (8J2)
Neither device is jail broken or modified in any way.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... not seeing this on a device here. Could you email / PM me your crash logs?

Mac OS X : /Users/(your username)/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/(your device name)
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\(your device name)
Windows Vista / 7: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\(your device name)

(on WIndows that "Application Data" folder may be hidden - choose "Folder Options" from the "Tools" menu, go to the "View" tab and check the radio button to "Show hidden files and folders" to make hidden folders visible)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
And 2.2.5 with the bug fix is already out; Apple's reviewers really saved our butts on this one, < 4 hours from upload to release. Thanks for the bug report!