Browse, move next, move previous picture in OCR still image

eduardoms

First of all, the latest OCR function on Android got a lot of improvements, thanks for that because I use OCR a lot.

I would like to be able to browse, move to [next | previous] picture within the OCR still image mode, I OCR a lot of pictures and many times the picture are right beside each other, but I cannot just move to next picture, I have to touch the load picture button --> Choose the App --> Choose the album (or folder) --> Scroll to the picture --> Choose the picture.

As I said I OCR a lot of pictures and go through this process is very slow.
And "remember the last browsed folder" will be very useful as well.

Thank you so much

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Browse, move next, move previous picture in OCR still im

eduardoms said:
I would like to be able to browse, move to [next | previous] picture within the OCR still image mode, I OCR a lot of pictures and many times the picture are right beside each other, but I cannot just move to next picture, I have to touch the load picture button --> Choose the App --> Choose the album (or folder) --> Scroll to the picture --> Choose the picture.

As I said I OCR a lot of pictures and go through this process is very slow.
And "remember the last browsed folder" will be very useful as well.

Thank you so much

Moving to the next picture from within Pleco is tricky, since we don't really have a good reliable way to access the Android photo album like that. However, one thing that should make this considerably faster is to start your OCR session from the photo app instead of from Pleco.

Open up the photo album app on your device, open up a picture, then "Share" it with "Pleco OCR"; when you're done, simply press the back button to return to the photo album, choose the next picture, and "Share" it again. On newer phones, the app that you most recently "share"d with will generally be given its own button so that you don't have to select it from the menu again each time, making it essentially a three-tap operation to return to your photo album / pick the next photo / return to Pleco.