Beta limitations: temporary or permanent?

MentatYP

The OCR feature is amazing and a must-have feature, but the beta 3 version doesn't allow looking up definitions for words captured via OCR (unless I'm missing something). It says that it's a demo and in the paid version the definition would show. Similarly, multi-syllable pronunciations pop up a notification that the feature isn't supported in the demo.

Are these temporary limitations due to features not being implemented yet or are they designed limits put in place just for the beta? I'd like to eventually get a feel for how the full program will work with all features integrated, so I'm curious about whether these limits are simply due to features still being worked on or if the limits will always be there.

boen

MentatYP said:
The OCR feature is amazing and a must-have feature, but the beta 3 version doesn't allow looking up definitions for words captured via OCR (unless I'm missing something). It says that it's a demo and in the paid version the definition would show.

It means what it says, if you haven't paid for the OCR or one of the bundles that include the OCR you don't get definitions. That feature is working in the (paid) beta and yes it's awesome. I spend so much more time actually studying now rather than tedious and inaccurate character input with something online like mdgb.

MentatYP

... which I would have realized if I had been paying attention :) Pretty sure at the time of the 1st beta there was no paid beta version, so I assumed the same here. Thanks for the info.