Beta 7 Bug Report Thread

ipsi

状元
I don't recall having issues with IA (maybe I did but forgot) - mostly I've been having reset/memory issues crop up more frequently with pTunes running in the background. Not exactly much of a surprise. Oh, and it's a damn sight less responsive (again, to be expected when something as resource-intensive as pTunes is running). I'll see if Beta 8 improves matters any, but it's sounding good (for where it's possible for Pleco to improve matters, and it's not a hardware/OS limitation).

sych

榜眼
ipsi, I'll make a point of using pTunes and Pleco together more often, and see how I go.

Mike, here's some more bugs, suggestions and niggles I've collected. Some of them aren't big deals but I think they would contribute to making the software feel "polished" and releasable. Please don't feel as if you have to respond to every one of these.

• Soft Reset: Go to Manage Flashcards, click "Advanced", choose "created", then tap the date box and choose a date -- soft resets as I tap on a date.
  • Soft Reset: Go to Preferences, Flashcards, click "Configure Button Actions" -- soft resets. Not sure if this is the same known bug as Mator reported earlier (his was in button actions, mine is in flashcards).
  • UI Bug: in Manage Flashcards, Advanced, set the first search criteria to something other than a date. Then, set the 2nd and/or 3rd to a date/time criteria. Tap either the date or time boxes and make changes. After closing the date or time entry boxes, the display is not updated with the chosen date/time (however it does seem to take effect in the search, and if you return to the "Advanced" screen later, the modified dates/times appear).
  • UI Bug: (depending on your point of view): The options in "Preferences, Display" for text sizes don't behave as I expect. It seems that the headword can only be "tiny" or "magnified". If I "use large font in definition", the headword is still tiny. I think it should be the same size as the definition text by default, then "magnify headword" should make it the next step bigger.

Requests:

• UI Request: please make the hardware up/down (scroll) buttons work when viewing definition text in Flashcards, and in IA. Making them work in "Manage Flashcards" would be a bonus, too.
  • Audio Request: Volume level "10" is way too loud on my T680, and I was initially worried it might damage the speaker! Can I suggest making the default lower - "4" might be good. (Thanks very much for adding the feature, and thanks also for the accelerator key!)
  • Audio Request: In Flashcards, when "Show" contains "Audio" and the preferences are set to alternate between speakers, I would like it if the system would alternate between speakers when moving from card-to-card.
  • Audio Request: In Flashcards, I would like it if 'audio auto-play after card reveal' would honour the main preferences setting to play only multi-syllable audio.

Minor-ish UI Suggestions:

• Mike, you mentioned a while ago that putting a button for the drop-down menu on the default toolbar of the Palm install will save you a tonne of support requests. I wonder if it might be a good idea to put it at the extreme left rather than right, as that's where PalmOS users are more likely to look for it.
  • In Flashcards "Advanced Settings", I suggest that the timer should not be displayed by default. I find its constant movement really, really distracting. Display the clock, or something (or nothing!) instead.

(In general, I don't like having the line of info at the top while doing flashcards, I preferred it at the bottom where it didn't distract me from the headword).

• I agree with idolse about putting a carriage return after the headword, particularly in Flashcard sessions.
  • When adding a duplicate card to a new category, it would be nice if the popup notification said something along those lines rather than saying "Duplicate" ... e.g. "Added to Cat".
  • There was some discussion earlier about the text on the "More" button in "Manage Flashcards". Perhaps "Batch" would describe it better than "More", since the options have to do with changes to multiple cards at once.
  • Also in "Manage Flashcards", a lot of people don't seem to have worked out what the +/- folder buttons do, and it wasn't immediately obvious to me either. I'm wondering if "tag" symbols might convey the idea better than folders, as the categories are more analogous to tags than folders (in the real world, you can attach many tags to a single document, but you can really only put a document in a single folder).
  • Can I suggest that "Pleco Flashcards" sounds better than "PlecoFlash".

UI Niggles:

(Not a big deal, but contribute to the product feeling "unpolished".)

• In Manage Flashcards, Advanced; the re-drawing of the UI elements gets messy when you start changing the search criteria around - e.g. select "created", then change it to "difficulty" and click on the text entry box, you'll see that remnants of the date selection boxes are still on the screen.
  • In Manage Flashcards; entering text as search criteria is a bit unsatisfactory (e.g. when searching by headword). The text entry field only displays 2 Chinese characters, although it looks like with a couple of pixels of re-jigging it could display one more, which would be a lot better. If not, maybe it would be worth making the results box a bit smaller so the search criteria could use two lines at the top of the screen, which would make it look less squashed.
  • Still in Manage Flashcards, I didn't initially recognise the 搜 character as being a search button (embarassingly!). It is a bit easy to mistake it for text on the text-entry line, particularly if you don't know the character. Making the character smaller and drawing a box or button border would help. The 入 could get the same treatment.
  • When entering Manage Flashcards: The spinner is displayed over the top of the "PlecoFlash" window if opening up the "Manage Flashcards" involves a search, but it's in the wrong position compared to the other spin boxes used in other places on the UI. After exiting "Manage Flashcards", it stays behind on top of the "PlecoFlash" screen; it should be cleared off instead.
  • The spinner in "Manage Flashcards" is messy in general. It only partly covers the arrow on the adjacent drop-down, leaving the right-most pixel of the arrow visible. Occasionally after it stops spinning, it leaves remnants of itself in the upper-left of the screen. Looks messy.
  • In Flashcards "Advanced Settings", the "Force character set" and "Maximum audio plays" are too small. They would feel less fiddly if they were appropriately sized.
  • On the Flashcard Statistics screen, the spinner could disappear after processing is finished.
  • In "New Flashcard Session", the "Test Setup|Categories|Card Filter" bar would look better if it did not occupy the entire width of the screen (it should be centred, and occupy only the space required, a-la MacOS, IMO).
  • On the "PlecoFlash" window, the right-hand side of the "Export" button is not aligned with the other buttons. ;)

Flashcards UI in general:

I remember that one of your hopes for the new Flashcards UI was that it was going to be a lot less confusing for newbs, particularly with the change to having the "Flashcard Central" screen. Unfortunately (and this is just my opinion), I think that this new Flashcards interface has the appearance of being more confusing and more complicated to the new user than the old one was.

The current all-in-one "Flashcards Central" screen presents the user with a heap of text and 8 buttons to choose from, and it just looks too complicated from the start. There's no clear indication that the "Profile" drop-down at the top only affects only "New Session" and "Advanced". Since it is at the top of the screen, and the screen is not separated into different parts in an obvious way, you would easily think that the profile-drop down affects everything underneath it. I remember that someone in a previous beta thread was confused by this. I wonder if it might be better to go back to the old arrangement of having two menu options and two separate screens - "Flashcard Session" and "Manage Flashcards". This would reduce the number of buttons on the screen at once, and the Profile drop-down would more clearly relate to session settings rather than the whole flashcards system.

The Duelist said:
Hi Mike

Platform: Palm T5
Software: PD2b7
(I've Just Done A Full Install Of All The PD2b7 Files.)

Bug Report: Multiple Coice Flashcards Are Unstable
Test Type: Multiple Choice
Show: Headword
Ask For: Pron + Defn

Card Selection: Repetition Spaced & Freq Adjusted
Play Audio After Reveal: On & Off

I'm Finding that Multiple Choice Test Sessions ALWAYS Crash,
Usually on Card 5 After I select a Pron Option but Before Displaying the Defn Options.
(Sometimes Crashes on Card 4 or 6, But I've Never Got Further)
I Think I got Furthest when I switched Audio Off.

Hope This Helps
The Duelist

BTW: Thanx For The Tuttle Dictionary :D
mikelove said:
The Duelist - did this happen before Beta 7? Could you send me the latest version of your flashcard file? About how many cards are included in these sessions?
The Duelist said:
Hi Mike

The Issue with the Multiple-Choice Sessions was Also Happening in Beta6
(Sorry I Didn't Log The Problem Earlier, I Thought Someone Else Would Have Noticed It.)

The Flashcard File Is Still Pretty Much The One That You Extracted For Me.
I Haven't Added Anything To It, I've Only Organised It Into Categories.
Just Using It To Beta Test Really.
(I Can Try To Dump It From PD2 If You Like.)

I'm Only Including About 112 Cards In The Sessions, (Not Really A Huge Number).

The Duelist
mikelove said:
The Duelist - only 112 cards? Hmm... have you changed any other flashcard profile settings from their defaults? In the Modes section of Advanced settings, are the multi-choice choices coming from All Cards, Session Cats, or Custom Cats?
The Cards Selected Were From Categories NPCR Chapters 1 to 7.
I Tried Repetition Spaced & Frequency Adjusted (5/10 Cards) an All Cards (From Selected Categories).
Each Session Crashes 4-6 Cards In.

radioman

状元
HW Buttons - My experience with the reconfiguration of the hardware buttons is that any effort in beta 7 to reconfigure any hardware button resets my Palm.

Delays in Compound Search - I previously commented that going to Character Info >>Compounds>>Select a Compound ... it takes a very long time to bring up the list.

One of the things I noticed is that in the compound list, it appears that the same definition occurs more than once. Maybe this has something to do with why the list takes so long to come up ? Maybe it is just checking all the dictionaries out and the same definition is used in the same dictionaries.

Rabbit Hole - The above compound list action highlighted another problem that I had that if I went to one of the word definitions, the unfinished box comes up. And the scroll boxes don't work right, and basically you go down a rabbit hole (Maybe to Mike's point about disabling being able to run too far off the flashcard path (or whatever module of interest). I would love to be able to jump off down that path, but I am not sure how hard it is to clean that up - but my guess it is not trivial.

Flashcard Screen
- I think having the speaker on the flashcard could be useful. Not sure if that functionality exists, but would like it if it did.

sych

榜眼
radioman said:
Flashcard Screen - I think having the speaker on the flashcard could be useful. Not sure if that functionality exists, but would like it if it did.

Try going to Flashcards.. Advanced.. Modes, then check "Audio in all cards (after reveal)".

Is that what you wanted?

goog1e

举人
I'm just getting a chance to really try out beta 7. The Tuttle dictionary is great for examples, thanks! And with the full audio files... Pleco is really blossoming :)

Flashcards are coming along nicely now too. It looks like "Review Only" mode works and you can choose options just like self-scored mode. That resolves some of my questions from last time. Incorrect card looping (didn't work for me last beta) also works.

Some issues so far:

Saved Flashcard Sessions Not Clearing Out

I started a flashcard session yesterday, saved it in the day, and finished it up last night. I am using "review incorrect cards" in the spaced-repetition self-scored mode with "Loop" enabled. I originally saved it while doing "review incorrect cards".

This morning when I go into the flashcards, I am greeted by a "Do you want to resume... ?". I entered the session and it's at the same point as it was when I stopped it yesterday before finishing it last night. No matter what I do to the session, I will be asked if I want to resume. If I do something and say, "Yes, I do want to save", it will resume properly to that point. If I don't do anything and just leave, even without saving, it will resume back to the original point that it saved last.

I deleted the Flashcard Saved Session file in the Pleco directory just now to clear it out.

I can reproduce this easily just by starting a Review Session, Leave session and save, Leave Flashcards, Open flashcards and Resume, Leave session and don't save, leave flashcards, open flashcards ... and resume will still be available. Doesn't seem to matter if loop is on or not.

Automated Installer Can't Install to Storage Card

When I bring up the Automated Installer, it gives me two locations to install Pleco. The Internal Memory is available with the free space written beside it. The Storage Card is on the list but it does not report a free space. WM6 on my iPAQ reports 3.96 gb free and I can save and modify files on the card when linked to my computer. The storage card is a Sandisk 4 gb SDHC.
I installed Beta 7 manually like with Beta 6 (and before). I put the audio files on the Storage Card for the first time and ran into no problems.

By the way, do you have any guidance about distributing files between Internal Memory / Storage Card for best performance? All dictionaries and fonts on Internal Memory and Audio on external?

Loading Compound Words in Char Info Takes Forever with Duplicates

I saw some others mentioned this but I thought I would add it to my list as well. I would say it isn't just an issue of searching all dictionaries, however. I see something like this:

1 syllable entry, bao
2 syllable entry list in alphabetical order
2 syllable entry listin alphabetical order
3 syllable entry list in alphabetical order
4 syllable ....

Every syllable combination list is repeated 5 times. Since I just installed everything, I thought the number might be related to the number of dictionaries available. But after taking some dictionaries off my device (deleting them), restarting pleco, and it didn't make a difference. Dunno...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sych - thanks for these. The two button actions bugs are in fact the same. These design suggestions would pretty much all have to be post-2.0, though - a lot of them are good ideas but we just can't make any more changes now, we have to get this product out as soon as possible and if the interface is unpolished and/or confusing in some areas we can work that out in later releases.

Some of the changes to default settings make sense, though I'm not sure about moving the menu button, it seems like having it on the right makes it less likely to annoy existing users. The main flashcards screen design I actually like for its easy access to every option - there's no wondering how you get to a specific screen, or which screen a particular option is accessed through. If we want to make the flashcard system accessible to people who are intimidated by lots of buttons it's going to take a lot more than redesigning that screen to accomplish that - we need a full-on "simple flashcards" mode, something I've mentioned here before a few times.

The Duelist - OK, we'll try to reproduce that scenario then. Thanks.

radioman - yeah, the button crashes have been reported a few times now. The duplicate definitions in the compounds list actually make it take up *less* time, ironically enough - those come out naturally from the way the index is generated and sorting / filtering them out would slow things down further. Really the search code for those just hasn't been optimized as much as it should be yet.

goog1e - the saved sessions bug was reported a few pages ago, but was actually reported by me so it's easy to miss :) Deleting that file is the correct way to clear that out. The automated installer bug was reported too with a Touch Diamond user - it's not actually a problem with cards in general but with cards that are too large, ironically if you put enough files on the card to bring it under 2 GB of free space it would likely work fine.

Given the way Pleco's database caching system works it shouldn't actually make that much of a difference where the files are stored, but yes, the dictionaries and fonts are certainly more access-intensive than the audio (any delay with audio is pretty much all related to data compression rather than fetching data from a disk) so it would make sense to have those in internal memory and the audio files on the card.

Sarevok

进士
"Sorry, the flashcard could not be created because your flashcard file could not be accessed - please exit and reopen Pleco and try again"

I just got this error message when trying to add a new flashcard to a specific category (by tap&hold on the flashcard+ icon). While restarting the application helped in one case and I successfully created the desired flashcard afterwards, it did not help in case of 飓风, even after soft-resetting my device I still got this error message. I suspect already have this card somewhere in my flashcard pool, so maybe it has something to do with duplicate card handling (set to Skip in Preferences) but the error message should be saying something else in such cases. Adding other cards works fine even after seeing this message and NOT restarting Pleco, it's just this one word in particular.

I also noticed that when the device switches itself to standby mode and a flaschcard session is running at that time, sometimes the session gets screwed after turning the device back on. I can see the current card, but the reveal button doesn't reveal the answer and answering that one card ends the session regardless of how many cards were left unanswered. No other flashcards session can be started after this - I always get the message about no cards matching my criteria being found, blah, blah... restarting the application remedies the problem.

Jaybo2002

I don't have a custom rom or any other chinese input software, but flotouch is installed along with Flash Lite. These enable the use of the Cube software with the HTC Kaiser.

PlecoDict2 Crashes

Hi Mike

Here's A Description Of Some Of The Circumstances That Alway Lead To A Crash.

Software: PlecoDict2 b7

Char Info Window
1) Select A Hanzi
2) Bring Up The 'Char Info' Window Using 'Tap & Hold -> Menu'
3) Select The 'Compounds' Function
After 'Thinking' For A While The Device Crashes.
This Usually Occurs On The 1st Char, But Sometimes It Survives To Do 2-3.
I Suspect It Has Something To Do With Available Memory.

Switching Between PD2 & Other Applications
1) Open PD2
2) Open/Switch To Other App (pTunes or Memos)
2a) pTunes - PD2 Crashes Immediately After Switching Back To PD2
2b) Memos - PD2 Crashes After Switching Back & Forth Between 'Memos'
I Suspect It Has Something To Do With Available Memory.

Hope This Helps
The Duelist

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sarevok - hmm. Did you move your flashcard database to somewhere other than your \\My Documents folder by any chance? The fact that other cards worked OK does make it sound like a mistranslated error message, though - could you send along a copy of your latest flashcard file? Hopefully that'll make this easier to reproduce here.

The session getting screwed up is actually probably not a flashcard issue but rather an issue with databases on a memory card not getting reopened correctly after Windows Mobile closes them (as it does whenever the device goes into standby mode). The exiting after one card / no cards available message could be explained by this since the software verifies that each card has a dictionary entry available before displaying it - do you find that there's a long delay before that message comes up or does it appear right away?

Jaybo2002 - oh, that explains it then - the problem here is with TouchFlo's scrolling feature, it intercepts the pen strokes and interprets them as scroll commands. Holding down the stylus for a moment before beginning to draw the stroke should work around it; you can also disable that scrolling feature with a simple hack (do a Google search for disable touchflo scrolling and you'll find a ton of links - there are also utilities that'll do it for you), or alternatively if you use the separate handwriting recognition screen we've worked around the TouchFlo issue in that by designing it to not have a scrollbar (so TouchFlo doesn't think there's anything to scroll and consequently leaves your screen alone). Unfortunately there's no way we can disable TouchFlo in the main dictionary screen without disabling it on the entire device (which requires a reset, so we can't just temporarily turn it on / off when Pleco's in the foreground).

The Duelist - thanks, we'll take a look at these. The issue with application switching is most likely caused by the same DBCache leak which has screwed pTunes / Instant Access for several other people (thankfully fixed for Beta 8, or at least we think it is), though I'm interested to see it happening in Memos too - the T5 has a good bit less cache memory than the 680/TX I believe, so that might explain it. With the Char Info error, does this happen even if you open Pleco right after resetting your handheld, or does it only happen after you've been using it for a while? Have you installed Pleco's database files to your T5's internal memory, internal flash drive, or to an SD card?

gaokang

Starting Plecodict generates the following error: "MemoryMgr.c, Line:3642, Non-word aligned handle". A soft reset is needed to restore the system.

When deleting all Beta 7 files in order to attempt reloading and starting from scratch, the system wouldn't allow FileZ to delete the Pleco2CommandBar Bitmap file, returning the following error message: "Error:dm:Database Open in Item::remove()d". After trying a few suggested solutions for removal from the Web to no avail, I hard reset the system and then reinstalled Beta 7 from scratch. The above memory error, however, persists.

ALso, when I started Beta 7 for the first time after downloading, I encountered the same error message that idolse did regarding the inability to find all purchased components, but haven't seen that since.

For reference, Beta 6 performed flawlessly.

Sony Clie PEG TH-55
32MB, 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
Palm OS 5.2.1
PlecoDict 1.03
PlecoDict 2 Beta 7

garysaville

进士
mikelove said:
garysaville - you're sure these are the Beta 7 audio files, right? And that they installed completely (weren't partially-installed / corrupted)? Is there any information in the crash message, say the name of the component (filesys or something like that) that crashed? Did you delete the old audio files before installing Beta 7?

I downloaded the files again and reinstalled. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

gandq

探花
Hi Mike,

some of the bugs I've found (Treo 680, all files except Pleco engine on SD card):
- Trying to access button action settings or flashcard button settings: crash
- Setting more than a certain number of buttons for the toolbar or search bar (don't know how many, I only tried it once with the maximum number): crash and unusable (crash on start). Has to be reinstalled / settings have to be reset.
- Audio doesn't seem to work at all (no sound)
- ABC dictonary comes without any definitions include, just headwords?!

Glitch:
- PlecoConverter: successful Export comes with the picture for error messages besides it. Hope you know what I mean.

Still, SO much progress since the last beta I tested (Beta 4?)! Congratulations, you're almost there!

Cheers,

jo.

mikelove said:
The Duelist - thanks, we'll take a look at these. The issue with application switching is most likely caused by the same DBCache leak which has screwed pTunes / Instant Access for several other people (thankfully fixed for Beta 8, or at least we think it is), though I'm interested to see it happening in Memos too - the T5 has a good bit less cache memory than the 680/TX I believe, so that might explain it. With the Char Info error, does this happen even if you open Pleco right after resetting your handheld, or does it only happen after you've been using it for a while? Have you installed Pleco's database files to your T5's internal memory, internal flash drive, or to an SD card?
I Have The Files Installed As Follows:

Internal Memory:
Pleco2 Application
HWR
Flashcards

Internal Flash Drive:
Main Pleco2 Data Files
P2_B5/P2_GB
P2_Fonts 10/12/18/24/48/96
P2_Radicals
P2_Unihan
P2_Stroke

Main C-E Dictionary: ABC
Main E-C Dictionary: NWP

2GB SD Card
C-E Dictionaries: P2_OX/Tuttle/ADSO/CEDict
C-C Dictionaries: P2_GF
E-C Dictionaries: P2_OX/21C/LDC

P2 Audio Files: Basic & Extended

I Can Generate The 'Char Info' Crashes By Starting PD2,
Directly Selecting a Hanzi -> 'Tap & Hold -> Char Info' -> 'Compounds'
PD2 Usually Crashes Trying To Find Compounds For The 1st Char,
But Once or Twice I've Managed To Get 2 or 3 Compound Lists Before Crashing.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
gaokang - it's normal that that bitmap file couldn't be immediately removed, but a soft reset should free it up to be deleted. (you could also turn off Pleco's Instant Access From Command Bar option) The handle error is probably coming up due to bug we've also noticed on some other pre-Palm OS 5.4 systems like the Treo 600 - basically the software will sometimes try to run code that isn't supported on those systems on startup. We've already found/fixed this error for Beta 8 anyway.

garysaville - very glad to hear it, I was worried the audio crashing glitch reported by ldolse and others in Beta 6 hadn't been completely fixed.

gandq - with the missing audio, are you sure you've installed the audio data files? They're in a separate download from the rest of the software. From the ABC error it sounds like the ABC dictionary might not be unlocked - any chance you might have activated Pleco 2.0 using an old Basic-version license (maybe one you bought for a friend that happened to be linked to your account)? Which components are listed as Demo and which as Paid on the ordering screen?

The Duelist - OK, thanks. I'll update once we've tried this out. Are you sure your Tungsten T5 is running the latest firmware? (1.1, available at Palm's website here) There were some bugs in the filesystem on the original T5 that could cause a lot of crashes.

radioman

状元
I ran a 3 hour total (with various stops over a 36 hour period) flashcard session without crashes (with version 7, this is the first time the stability was good under my configuration such I could go this long). This included my saving and restarting sessions, as well as jumping around to the character info, drawing characters, compounds, etc. However, in the end there were about 36 cards I was going to "review", the ones that I had marked as incorrect. A few cards in, I jumped to the char info screen, and got the following:

Fatal Alert - MemoryMgr.c Line: Line: 3732, NULL handle. This is right after getting into character Info, where the char info frames were drawn but not yet populated with the info for the character.

Also, I had 2 more instances soon after that where, upon hitting the on/off switch with the dictionary in regular dictionary mode, I got DataMgr.c, Line: 10703.

Sarevok

进士
mikelove said:
Sarevok - hmm. Did you move your flashcard database to somewhere other than your \\My Documents folder by any chance? The fact that other cards worked OK does make it sound like a mistranslated error message, though - could you send along a copy of your latest flashcard file? Hopefully that'll make this easier to reproduce here.

The session getting screwed up is actually probably not a flashcard issue but rather an issue with databases on a memory card not getting reopened correctly after Windows Mobile closes them (as it does whenever the device goes into standby mode). The exiting after one card / no cards available message could be explained by this since the software verifies that each card has a dictionary entry available before displaying it - do you find that there's a long delay before that message comes up or does it appear right away?

Ok, I have sent you the file...

As I understand it from your message, moving the dictionary databases to the internal storage should remedy the problem, right? As it won't need to access the memory card anymore... I am not sure about the delay though, I will try to reproduce this bug and watch for it...

Sarevok

进士
A few more minor things:

The clipboard doesn't work with the ctrl+c/ctrl+v/ctrl+x commands inputted via SIP (tried with the standard WM keyboard and Resco Keyboard) during searches (when selecting a text in the Input Field). Did work in 1.0 (so it might be also caused be the new font rendering system?)

Similarly the clipboard copy function triggered by the Copy button (added to the Toolbar through the respective Preferences screen) OR by the softkey Menu>Edit>Copy doesn't work. Cut and Paste are working okay though (either by using the Toolbar button or the menu command). The only way to effectively trigger the Copy function seems to be through the tap&hold popup menu.

marsch

举人
Thanks for b7 - and for Tuttle! Works pretty well. Still a few little bugs:
1. Saving a flashcard session still doesn't work on either of my iPaqs (5450 and 6340). It creates a 0-byte file in the program folder.
2. Manage Flashcards. Search for a cat, remove that cat from some (which will delete them from the list), then do a batch operation. It applies to the cards from the initial search, even though they're no longer displayed.
3. Flashcard session: changes to the score via a button are not immediately displayed in the top line.
4. "Reviewing incorrect cards" now doesn't change the score or history any more (I think in b6, the history was changed?). Design?
5. I started learning flashcards with a high "aggressivity" in automatic scoring. Found out that was too aggressive, so lowered it. By that time, difficulty was lower than the lower limit for that aggressivity level, which meant the score was reduced in spite of a correct answer (of course only once).
6. pressing the iTask-Button during a session, then returning to flashcards will make the text disappear.
7. Percents in statistics at the end of a session may not add up to 100, e.g. 41 correct and 27 wrong result in 60% good, 39% bad. (Not really something that would keep me from highly recommending Pleco :) )
8. in ADS, there is an entry for han4bao3(bao1), but in a flashcard session and on edit it is only han4bao3.