Beta 4 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
radioman - glad that resolves it.

Earl - this is actually something we're doing for consistency with iOS 7's swipe-back gesture; as people start to rely on that more and more, we think it'll be downright jarring *not* to have the sidebar show up on a swipe. (before that showed up the plan had actually been to go button-only)

yoose - on an iPhone that's actually expected - it's almost all of the way off the screen anyway and disappearing completely makes for a nicer transition. But on an iPad it seems jarring enough that we ought to reduce it.

golden child - probably one from a few days ago; if we didn't have to maintain a ~60 KB diff file for it we could update it in 2 minutes, but as the case is now it still requires enough manual intervention that we can't rebuild it at the drop of a hat. But building it into the app should incentivize us to update it more frequently, and also takes away one of the biggest disadvantages to our doing so (namely bandwidth costs).

jlnr

进士
Not only do documents stay in "Recent Documents" when you delete them (as mentioned above), but their .plecoBookmark files also stick around. I'm probably WAY too OCD :), but these start cluttering up my iTunes documents area.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The .plecobookmark files should only stick around if you configure Pleco to show hidden files - is that not the case with you?

jlnr

进士
I don't see them in Pleco, but in iTunes' drag & drop / file sharing area, which is already very crowded.

yoose

探花
Hi Mike,

My history, including Dict, reader, and search hasn’t been updated since 9/20 I know I have done plenty of searches since then. The flashcards history is still updated. I just tested the OCR as well and the history on that is also not updated.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Any chance you might be looking at cloud history from a different device? Tap on the cloud icon.

alanmd

探花
personally I'd take XinGothic over a Kai font any day

I hear you on the tone color picker,[...] FWIW, if you turn off tone coloring there's now an option to tint characters

I think I like Kai because it's used in so many mainland the textbooks from the last 30 or so years, Great Wall Chinese is still using it.

Tint option does just what I wanted- thanks! No need to play with the tone colours.

golden child - probably one from a few days ago; if we didn't have to maintain a ~60 KB diff file for it we could update it in 2 minutes, but as the case is now it still requires enough manual intervention that we can't rebuild it at the drop of a hat. But building it into the app should incentivize us to update it more frequently, and also takes away one of the biggest disadvantages to our doing so (namely bandwidth costs).

I see, thanks. Ah, it'd be really awesome if it could get updated on a regular basis... (once a month would be perfect, but once every 2 months or so would be great, too :))

yoose

探花
Any chance you might be looking at cloud history from a different device? Tap on the cloud icon.

I don’t think it’s a different device, but perhaps it was looking at my regular pleco version on the same phone? when I top on the cloud icon I get three choices
1. current device
2. all devices
3. my phone (with name) but this is the same as current device, but I guess looks at the non-beta version of pleco that’s still on my phone.

in any case, it worked when I selected current device, as well as all devices.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
yoose - actually, updating on TestFlight might cause your device's unique ID to change - there's no longer any fixed ID we can track since Apple got rid of the function for that in iOS 7 - so it's likely that this was simply the history from your old device. This shouldn't be a problem in the release version since there's a slightly more reliable ID we can use for that.