automatic handwriting input

fongalle

hey,

i just purchased plecodict and am having some problems with the "handwriting input." for some reason, when i use the input screen and write characters, it automatically recognizes them, not giving me time to finish writing characters that take me some time to write. I never get the chance to hit the recognize button on the input window. anyway to fix this? i use cjk OS for other times i write chinese, i don't know if that has anything to do with it....

thanks,
allen

ps - i noticed that none of the dictionaries have examples for the characters, such as sentence examples, which is often in my paper copy of the concise oxford dictionary....maybe something for the next edition...it's one of the reasons why i didn't purchase a electronic dictionary in china...they had english examples and no chinese ones.

gato

状元
when i use the input screen and write characters, it automatically recognizes them,
Go to Menu->Preferences, under the preference, clear "HWR auto-rec after __ secs". This way, it won't try to recognize the character until you tap on the "recognize" button.

As for example sentences, the ABC Dictionary does have them for most entries. But on 1.0, the sentences are usually in pinyin. 2.0 seems to have added the characters in addition to the pinyin.