Attached different dictionnaries to different flashcards decks

Mehdi

举人
All is in the title. I would like to attach my cantonese flashcards ONLY to the pleco 'guangzhouhua fang yan cidian'. But everytime I choose this category of flashcards and try to remap with this dictionnary it applies to all my flashcard and not only to my cantonese. Any idea which can help are welcome, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Do you mean that it applies to those same words when they appear in other categories too, or that it applies to other words that aren't even in that category?

If it applies to the same words in other categories, that's actually normal - the best bet would be to make duplicates of your Cantonese flashcards. To do that, export the contents of that category to a file, delete the original category, then re-import that file with "duplicate handling" set to "allow."

If it applies to other words outside of that category, are you sure that "apply changes to" at the top of Batch is set to "listed cards"?

Mehdi

举人
what I meant it's that I made a special category where there are only cantonese vocabulary. And when I tried to batch it after to have chosen listed cards, it will still batch all my pleco cards. Or if when editing in organize cards, before batching I check my cantonese flashcards then batching choose liste cards nothing happen.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... I just tested this on a device here and it seemed to work correctly - the batch 'remap' command was confined to only the cards in the current category and not any others.

Are you using the latest version of Pleco? (3.2.2) Could you possibly email me (mikelove@pleco) a backup of your flashcard database and let me know the specific category you're trying to remap?