AppStore Approval Times

DaXiong

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that despite Apple's recent claims of over 90% of apps being approved within two weeks, I and several other developers have been waiting 24 days or more for new apps to go live on the App Store (still waiting for my game 'Charmed' to go live: http://www.mindjuice.net). Maybe it is summer holidays for the app testers?

Not sure if that info helps with any of your planning, but I wanted to pass it along just FYI.

Anyway, I hope they get through the backlog soon so that you'll have a quicker launch, as I'm waiting anxiously for Pleco on my iPhone!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks, but we're already pretty much assuming that Apple will reject our first submission - it's an incredibly complicated app with several dozen different user interfaces (even before we add flashcards) and they're almost guaranteed to find some button / label / whatever they won't like. Hence my refusal to say anything whatsoever about release dates, or even to guarantee that they won't reject the app in a total / irrevocable way (forcing us to go the jailbreak route).

crj

秀才
Mike - you announced the Beta a while ago... is there any feedback from beta users (I looked, but might have missed it) I even searched you tube, but only found your ooooolld video from version 1 :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We haven't released the beta yet, actually - there were a couple of things we were unhappy with that needed an extra month or two of retooling. Once it is out there should be a whole lot of information available on it, both here and elsewhere.