Android vs IOS Dictionary for Pleco

mirgcire

I was in BJ a few weeks ago, and someone on the subway managed to liberate my ipod/touch. The only thing I used it for was pleco, so naturally, when I replaced it with an android phone, I quickly downloaded the android version of pleco. But I am very disappointed to find that the dictionary is not the same. The ios pleco was much more detailed with lots of example sentences. This version seems to be a raw CEDICT dump. Do I really need to pay $79 to get a better dictionary? It seems unfair to us android users :(

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mirgcire said:
I was in BJ a few weeks ago, and someone on the subway managed to liberate my ipod/touch. The only thing I used it for was pleco, so naturally, when I replaced it with an android phone, I quickly downloaded the android version of pleco. But I am very disappointed to find that the dictionary is not the same. The ios pleco was much more detailed with lots of example sentences. This version seems to be a raw CEDICT dump. Do I really need to pay $79 to get a better dictionary? It seems unfair to us android users :(

Not at all - our Android app includes both the PLC dictionary from our iOS software and CC-CEDICT to help with newer words; you can switch between them by tapping on the dictionary switch button at the top right corner of the screen, or turn on Merged Multi-Dict Search in Settings / Dictionary / Search Settings / Results to search both at the same time.

Alexis

状元
You can also change the dictionary priority in Settings->Dictionaries->Manage Dictionaries. Sounds like you like the Pleco C-E better than CC-CEDICT, so make sure the Pleco C-E is on top.

That being said, I think the bundles are totally worth it for all the add-ons and great dictionaries.