Adding to the New Field List in Character Detail

Saffron

So let me navigate you to my question... go to the Character Detail screen, Add New Field... Choose Field... Can I input information into this screen somehow? Meaning can I create a Field and and the referencing information or if that is something that Pleco has on the back end? I am assuming the later. I realize that we can choose from the list that exists but how can I add to that list? What I would like to do is add in the numbers for the Wieger dictionary lesson numbers. The Mathews (is spelled with one "t" btw) and Karlgren dictionary numbers are there which has been profoundly helpful!

I could create a "Wieger" dictionary but I already have the book so the reference number would be a lot less up front work. Besides, I am already slowly creating a Shuowen dictionary and really would like to not add another dictionary project in the mix if possible.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, it's basically just pulling data from the Unihan database. But actually they're very happy to accept contributions to that database, so if you contact Unicode once your data is finished and offer to contribute it, it could end up built into Pleco officially through that :)